Digital Marketers Name Conversion Improvement Their Top Website Priority in Industry Survey
Converting visitors may be most marketers’ primary website challenge, yet most are focusing their budget on search and SEO, according to a recent survey of nearly 300 senior-level marketers. The survey, conducted by conversion management solutions provider, Maxymiser, also found that while marketers demonstrated a clear understanding of the value of both website testing and personalization, neither are properly leveraged to convert Web traffic.
“We know that most marketers understand that improving conversion rates is critical to a successful business strategy and ROI, but they aren’t allocating dollars to tools which will do so,” noted Mark Simpson, founder and president of Maxymiser. “However, by driving traffic to inefficient landing pages, these sites are missing out on revenue. Content optimization is a powerful way to augment SEO and SEM efforts, by improving the overall customer experience and reducing the cost of customer acquisition through these channels.”
- The primary website challenge is converting visitors (42%), followed by driving traffic (26%).
- The majority (51%) of marketers are focusing their digital marketing budget on search.
- An overwhelming majority (79%) of marketers agree/strongly agree that content testing is critical for objective website design and content decisions.
- Only 27% make changes to their website based on testing results, while the majority of marketers (59%) rely on website analytics data to drive content changes.
- Only a small percentage test Web content daily (13%), while 37% never test or test only after website redesigns.
- The majority (69%) cited website personalization as a way to enhance customer engagement, but 47% also noted that budget will be the key barrier to implementation.
- Only 17% use multivariate testing, while 21% use no testing tools/resources.
- The majority of respondents (72%) agree/strongly agree that iterative changes reduce risk, in addition to increasing website engagement and/or conversion (68%).
Maxymiser addresses all aspects of website optimization from a single platform, including testing, segmentation, recommendation and personalization. Its solutions empower top online retailers and major brands to analyze, optimize and deliver better performing content across their website(s) through live multivariate testing and self-optimization techniques.
Maxymiser is the leading global provider of Conversion Management solutions including content optimization and website personalization. With offices in New York, London, Edinburgh, the Ukraine and Dusseldorf and a global network of partners, its solutions help brands such as Hertz, Laura Ashley, Sony and Virgin to analyze, optimize and deliver better performing content across digital channels. Maxymiser empowers marketers to make smarter decisions and deliver more engaging customer experiences. Maxymiser is an independent company backed by leading venture capital investors.